Gasperini

Gasperini

I am very worried with this 3-4 or 3-5 formations the coach is firmly hanging on to,it will be a disaster in the champions league,we will be very vulnerable to counter attacks in the league,I don't know it is very disturbing when you think about it.I wish he would just forget about it already.

Why can't he use 4-3-1-2,4-2-3-1 or even 4-3-3?

Gasperini is really focused on developing the three-man defence for Inter. He won't give up easy, and I think he's right to insist at least for the first two months of the league. Then we'll see the results.

My major concern is that our defenders have troubles in open field, with 30 mt behind them, because of their relative lack of pace. It requires an exceptional teamwork to cover the gaps left by the teammates which try to anticipate the opponents in midfield and miss the ball, as it was often the case yesterday. But when those "anticipations" in midfield work you can really build a constant threat, forcing the opposition in their half.

Also the midfield and the construction of play is very different with the 3-man line, because at turn one of the defenders makes attacking runs. Lucio is really good at going forward with the ball, so is Zanetti, but Samuel and Ranocchia are not.

We don't have players for most schemes, such as 433, 343 and 4231, simply because we don't have wingers. Actually we are plenty of left and right back (Maicon, Nagatomo, Zanetti, Jonathan, Santon, etc.), but such roles are not interchangeable: for example, Maicon has played sometime as a winger in the past, but he did quite badly: he's a right back and he has to play as right back.

Unless we're going to buy some top player, I think the only two good schemes with our actual squad are 4312 (a playmaker like Sneijder behind two forwards - and we still need at least a good forward) and 4321 (Sneijder and Alvarez/Coutinho behind one forward).

After yesterday's match it would be obvious even to my 87 years old grandma that it's impossible to play with 3 in attack because we don't have wingers.

Why is he still trying?
Poor Alvarez and Castaingos.

Is it so hard to see that for example this formation

JC
Maicon Lucio Samuel Nagatomo
Alvarez Cambiasso Obi
Sneijder
Milito Forlan

or something similar would be more adoptable for the characteristics of players we have?

Like that we have alternative for each position and no players out of position.

I am even more worried after yesterday;and to think it could have been a league game :eek:hhh

3 points would have gone down the sink :nonva

yesterday we saw the official trailer of what the season could be if some changes are not made.Why is this man so stubborn????

Champions league is going to embarrassing if we continue with this formation :dep

Alto